Quick updates! I'm awake and my roommate and Renner are not...he stayed the night in the guest bedroom because the metro doesn't run late on Friday nights and we went out last night (plus I think Rosa likes the male company) but I'm bored and hungry but wanna wait for them to eat and Chris told me that Mom thought I'd update this blog everyday so this one's for you Bon!
It has been snowing in Bilbao the past few days which is crazy, it never snows here! My professor told me she has lived here all her life and has seen snow four times.Unimaginable. The mountains are covered in snow and the city looks super pretty although it isn't sticking to the ground. Hopefully this weather doesn't interfere with my flight today! Oh Renner and I are going to the Canary Islands to escape the cold! So we're off to Tenerife today, the largest of the islands which is home to El Teide, Spain's highest point! Hard to believe with the Pyrenees right here. Its also an innactive volcano and since it is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, there are many efforts to preserve it...this makes climbing it difficult. Renner and I had to apply for permits to access the peak of the mountain/volcano because the national park is trying to limit the amount of visitors. So this makes us really special. We'll be back on Tuesday! Canary Islands > Classes.
More updates to come after this little trip! So excited!
Hasta luego!
No comments:
Post a Comment